January 20, 2012

Staff Spotlight: Marty Emmes

Hi! My name is Marty Emmes. I grew up in Eugene Oregon and have attended my local Y beginning as a kindergartener. I came to Orkila in the summer of 2009 as the Assistant Director of Teen Expeditions. My passion for Sailing, Kayaking, and Cycling; allowed me to feel quite at home with my role that first year. These last few years, I have been happy to be involved in an organization that was so fundamental in shaping me as a person. The chance to help facilitate similar opportunities for others is why I'm here. Having the chance to send out, support, and receive back participants from trips is an extremely rewarding part of my job. I strongly believe that Orkila has the opportunity to offer something that is both rare and important. I’m excited to be working with Orkila going forward and developing strong and pivotal experiences for youth.

I would love to hear about your ideas and reasons why you love Orkila. Please give me a call at 206.382.5009 or reach me by email at memmes@seattleymca.org

No comments:

Post a Comment