April 30, 2012

Staff Spotlight: Julia Dorn

Camp Orkila was wrapping up it's tour of Bellingham last week, having just had a wonderful chat with Julie T., when that old saying came suddenly to mind: why not catch two fish with one worm? or... mail two letters with one stamp? or... sing two songs with one voice? Umm... Annnywayyy, we realized that Julia Dorn also lives in Bellingham.





Orkila: Julia! What's your personal camp history? What will you be doing at camp this year?
JD: I am returning for my second year on the staff, but when I was new last year, I decided to be a counselor because of my experiences as a camper (in Loowits, LDI, and CIT's). I wanted to share all of my experiences and be able to give kids the same, or even better, summer that I had. It is the most magical place on earth and I would love for kids to be given a great camp experience:)

Orkila: What have you been up to since last summer?
JD: This year I have been going to school at Western Washington University. I am currently taking French, Psychology, and English and I love it! Between classes and studying, I have been hanging out with all of my new friends up here and having a lot of fun:)



Orkila: What’s your favorite part of camp? And what keeps you coming back?
JD: My favorite part of camp is most definitely the DORK DANCE:) It is the best because we can all dress up and be goofy and dance! Other than that, I love value sessions.

Orkila: Why can’t you ride “my little red wagon”?
JD: You can't ride my little red wagon because "THE FRONT WHEEL'S BROKEN AND THE AXEL'S DRAGGING" That's my favorite cheer:)

No comments:

Post a Comment