April 17, 2013

OSI Spotlight: Eleanor Thompson!

Did you know that Camp Orkila has interns every summer? We call them the Orkila Summer Interns (OSIs)! They are a group of dedicated volunteer staff who love Orkila! Meet Eleanor, she'll be at camp for the entire month of July!

Thanks for letting us interview you Eleanor! Last summer you were a CIT, how was your experience?
Last year was life changing. There is no experience in my life that has changed me more for the better. I grew as a leader, a mentor, and a friend through working with my fellow CITs, other staff members, and the Sahale Unit! Although last summer was my first, "Orkila" is now a fond part of my regular vocabulary and I can't wait to return this year!

That is fantastic Eleanor. Do you have a favorite camp activity?
I'm not sure if this counts as an activity, but some of my best memories of camp were the CIT rides on the minibus complete with air guitar, loud tunes, and hilarious conversations!

Fun! What are you most looking forward to this summer?
I am so looking forward to taking the next step at camp toward becoming a staff member. I can't wait to spend more time in Unit and helping out in other aspects around Orkila. I also can't wait to see my fellow CITs from last summer in their OSI staff t-shirts. I'm smiling just thinking about it!

We are too! And the final question is (drum roll please!)... What is your spirit animal!?
Oh goodness! Can I cross a giraffe (for the crazy spots), and a koala (I feel like the could give good advice)? A Kiraffe? A Goala!

Sounds like a spectacular spirit animal! We can't wait to see you at camp!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment