May 14, 2013

Staff Spotlight: Emma!

Counselors at Camp Orkila are the best, and one-of-a-kind! Meet Emma, counselor-extraordinaire. Who knows? Maybe she'll be your counselor!


Thanks for letting us interview you Emma! Last year you were counselor for the Goode Glaciers, the youngest unit at camp. What was a highlight of your last summer at Orkila? 
The highlight of my summer last year, was getting to know all of my campers, and creating so many new friendships with co-workers. SO many memories... Just experiencing Orkila, overall, made my summer - it's definitely a special place,and not to mention BEAUTIFUL.
We agree! There is no place quite like Orkila. What is one thing that you are looking forward to this summer?
Well, honestly I can't choose just one thing I'm excited for! I'm thrilled to go back, and see the friends I made from last summer- It's amazing how close you can grow with people in just 2 months... and of course make new friends! But, most of all, I am SO stoked to meet all my future campers! Also, words can't describe how excited I am for future campfires, and to watch Orcas Island sunsets every night - they are the cherry on top, after a day of camp.
Totally! Speaking of campfires, do you have a favorite camp song?
Mhmmm, It'd have to be a tie between Country Roads and Leaving On A Jet Plane. Whenever I hear country roads, outside of camp, it makes me super nostalgic, and oh so ready to go back!
Luckily Camp Orkila is a little over a month away for you! What have you been up to this year?
This year has been wonderful! I'm just finishing up my freshman year at Western Washington University, and I actually, recently, just got accepted into my major; Early Childhood Education! WWU has been so great, I love it here - Also, from Belllingham Bay, you can see Orcas Island, sooo I always have a reminder of camp 

Awesome and congratulations! We can't wait to see you at camp this summer Emma!

No comments:

Post a Comment